Do you own bottles of whisky or casks of whisky that you are looking to sell?
If so, Selling Whisky at Auction is probably the best way of achieving the highest possible price when looking to sell.
Taversham’s will take care of everything on your behalf. There is nothing to pay upfront.
With just a few simple steps you can be making money selling whisky at auction with us.
Get in touch
Call 020 3923 2323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know which whiskies you are thinking of selling at auction and we’ll give you a valuation based on the current market. This is a simple and quick service and there is no further obligation.
Send your bottles of whisky to us
We will need to view and assess the physical condition of the whisky. After the physical assessment we will give you a final valuation.
Agree a Reserve
We will work with you to confirm which whiskies you would like us to sell and agree with you a ‘Reserve’. This is your ‘safety net’, a minimum price that you want us to sell your whisky.
Everything is Confirmed
A contract will be sent to you and once returned, the whisky will be entered into our next auction.
After a successful sale at auction, you will receive your money, less any fees, within 34 days.
There is nothing to pay upfront, the costs incurred by selling whisky at auction are taken from the ‘Hammer Price’ at the end of the auction. We will deduct our agreed commission and any fees. Please see full T’s & C’s or contact us and we will talk you through every step.
What if my whisky does not sell?
There are a few options:
- Carry over to our next auction. The easiest thing to do. There are no further fees to pay and we’ll keep hold of your whisky. We will also offer any pricing advice based on the outcome of the initial auction.
- Sell through our retail partners. We have partnerships with independent Wine Merchants in the UK and we will work with them to sell the whisky on your behalf to meet your reserve.
- We will make you an offer. If we are interested, we will make you an offer and buy the whisky from you.
- We will sell your whisky by Private Treaty. We will approach our list of private clients to sell direct.
- Take your whisky back. We will deliver your whisky back to you.